Sign in or
WORKING DRAFT: Revision and discussion in progress. If you write or blog about information on this page, please make the draft status clear. Also, a clarification, please refer to us as "Get FISA Right" with a link to our web site at http://getFISAright.net.
- The U.S. Constitution is the bedrock of our way of life. It is not a left or right issue, it is not red or blue or even purpose - it is an American issue. Conservatives, liberals, progressives, and moderates alike share a pride in our Constitution, and we will all stand together to restore the ideals set forth by our forefathers.
- Electronic surveillance, particularly FISA, is a complicated subject that cannot be explained in today's sound-bite driven media. We are working, though, to educate the public... on? We are launching a television ad campaign to help build awareness...
- FISA has been a much hotter campaign issue than analysts, media, and candidates had anticipated. We will unveil a program soon that will provide information to the public on Congressional candidates' positions on FISA. We expect the issue to gain even more traction as the election season progresses.
- Most of our members are Obama supporters. We believe that we have strengthened the Obama campaign by providing a feedback mechanism and by demonstrating the strength and passion of Obama's grassroots activist support.
- The Obama campaign allowed us to use their tools to provide feedback in great numbers even when we disagreed with his senatorial vote on the FISA bill. He responded to our open letter and made high-level staff available on his campaign website to answer questions regarding his vote.
- Barack Obama has asked his supporters to get more involved in the policies being developed and enacted by Congress. He has asked us to go one step further -- to hold him accountable for the decisions he makes as a senator and as our future president. We are answering his call. While we challenge Obama on FISA, we applaud him for encouraging us to do so.
- Our members will be attending the Obama Platform Meetings in their communities across America to speak out on the issue of FISA and to fight to ensure this issue is revisited when our new president and new congressional delegation take office in 2009. * We will be promoting candidates who support FISA reforms in this year's congressional elections. We will be researching candidates and posting profiles on our website so that activists can support candidates that support FISA reform.
- Movements generated quickly out of online social networking tools are a new phenomenon in politics. We have few predecessors: the anti-FARC protests, the Stop Real ID Now! campaign,
Latest page update: made by dawnt
, Jul 21 2008, 12:39 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by dawnt
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|benintn||More light, not more heat||0||Jul 10 2008, 1:00 PM EDT by benintn|
Thread started: Jul 10 2008, 1:00 PM EDT Watch
I think along with the idea of accountability (holding feet to the fire, and all that), we also need to focus, primarily, on TRANSPARENCY and OPENNESS. Part of the concern about public officials acting in secret is that there is no outlet for the American people to govern.
1 out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?
Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)
Showing 1 of 1 threads for this page