Sign in or
November 23 open letter launch call
|Launching the Open Letter: A Patriot Act and FISA call|
Monday: 4pm PST/ 7pm EST
Dialin: 1-219-509-8111 Access code: 705723
You are cordially invited to a phone call and online chat to discuss the launch of our open letter to the president.
Please join in pre-meeting discussions on the Get FISA RIght blog or in the chat room below!
Latest page update: made by Hwaisbren
, Nov 23 2009, 3:48 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by Hwaisbren
1 widget added
1 widget deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Anonymous||Get FISA Righton Change.Org||1||Nov 23 2009, 11:21 PM EST by Sallijane|
Thread started: Nov 23 2009, 7:05 PM EST Watch
Okay, we have a new kind of account at Change.Org, and I have the bare bones presence set up for it. Under its auspices, we've posted a petition using their new petition tool. Here are the things we still need to do:
1. Publicize the petition
* The URL is: http://www.change.org/get_fisa_right/actions/view/get_fisa_rights_open_letter_to_president_obama
2. Post a blog on Change.org point to the petition and everything else
3. Those of us who have change.org accounts should join the new non-profit
* The URL is: http://www.change.org/get_fisa_right
4. Someone (me at least) needs to buff up our about/mission/history statements
* For this you need an account at bloggers.change.org, I believe
For those who are confused about our new account and our existing presence on Change.org, here's what Robin at Change.org wrote to me:
"creating a nonprofit profile on the site is different from having an Ideas for Change presence. Ideas for change is an annual event and soon we will be launching a new version of the site where people will submit all new ideas. A nonprofit profile is for an organization to use that is going to regularly run campaigns on the site so they can all be housed somewhere."
Hope his explanation helps.
1 out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?
Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)
Showing 1 of 1 threads for this page