Sign in or
GFR heart Sen. Feingold
|A page for organizing our introduction to Senator Russ Feingold, starting Feb. 14 in Green Bay and cyberspace, and continuing through his visit to Wisconsin the first week of March.|
Feedback and discussion welcome? Please see the threads at the bottom of the page.
- get a better understanding of the situation in Congress and Senator Feingold's strategy
- get Sen Feingold to make a video on "what it means to get FISA right"
- introduce ourselves to Senator Feingold and get a working relationship in place
- pilot techniques that we can use as part of a 50-state strategy
- get blog and media attention, at least at the local and state level, and hopefully nationally as well
- Feb 14: "Listening meeting" in Chilton. Jean and several others will be there
- March 1: birthday party/fundraisers in Madison and Milwaukee. Ben (and potentially others) will be there in Madison, still looking for peole in Milwaukee.
- March 4: cable ads in Green Bay in conjunction with Democratic party meeting
If somebody could start up Facebook and MyBO events for these, that'd be great!
To Senator Feingold
- we'd like to understand the situation in DC and your strategy going forward
- we think our grassroots base on social networks is a valuable complement to others working to restore the rule of law
- we would like to work with you going forward. who is a good person on your staff to connect with?
To the media
- the PATRIOT Act will be debated in Congress this fall because secs 206 and 215 sunset
- we're preparing for this by seeking out allies and testing tactics
- we think the combination of a local in-person event, cable TV ad buy using saysme.tv, and outreach to local and community media (including print and radio) is an effective way of getting the word out online and off.
- we'll be refining this approach and by the summer will be ready to deploy it as part of a "50 state strategy"
If you'd like to help, please volunteer in the thread here.
Feb 14, Chilton: Jean, 2 others, Harry (probably)
Feb 14, media outreach: ?
Feb 14, blogging: ?
Feb 15-28: ad buy: ?
Feb 15-28: media outreach: ?
March 1, Madison: Ben, ...
March 1, Milwaukee: ?
March 1, media outreach: ?
March 1, blogging: ?
March 4, Green Bay: ?
March 4, media outreach: ?
March 4, blogging (focusing on cable TV ad): ?
Twitter coordination: Harry?
Facebook coordination: ?
MyBO coordination: ?
Who should we contact -- in Wisconsin, and potentially nationally? Please leave suggestions in the thread here.
Latest page update: made by Hwaisbren
, Feb 11 2009, 2:07 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by Hwaisbren
4 words added
1 word deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|JonPincus||Wisconsin media outreach?||2||Mar 7 2011, 11:40 AM EST by Anonymous|
Thread started: Feb 11 2009, 1:34 PM EST Watch
Who should we touch base with to try to get coverage for http://get-fisa-right.wetpaint.com/page/GFR+heart+Sen.+Feingold ?
Do you find this valuable?
|Anonymous||Feb 14 Chilton WI Listening Session Report||2||Mar 18 2009, 8:12 PM EDT by Sallijane|
Thread started: Feb 14 2009, 5:03 PM EST Watch
From the Senator Feingold listening session. I was the last of 72 people in the room and so did not get close enough to video. I did talk to staff and we are free to video at any listening session. If we want to make a video exclusive of the session, we have to make arrangements with staff during press time prior to the meeting...they encouraged us to do so.
Regarding FISA: Senator Feingold is hoping that FISA will be clarified through the courts, but if it is not, favors introducing legislation to protect communications of US citizens. His example was that when he gets Blackberry messages from his daughter in London or if a soldier texts from overseas, all the content goes to government monitoring agencies,,,,,"and that's just not the America we want."
I am not sure if any cases pending (ACLU?). If we had model legislation, he would look at it.
2 out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?
|Anonymous||Asking Feingold to Ask Holder for a Special Prosecutor||0||Feb 12 2009, 12:50 AM EST by Anonymous|
Thread started: Feb 12 2009, 12:50 AM EST Watch
Senator Feingold has been talking up accountability with regard to what he openly refers to as crimes of Bush-Cheney et al. Let's ask him to ask the new Attorney General to appoint a special prosecutor. Let's ask him whether they are above the law.
Showing 3 of 6 threads for this page - view all