Sign in or
| Blog, newspaper, magazine, and other coverage of Get FISA Right. |
Please help keep the list complete -- it's important both for showing our impact, and for knowing who our allies are. If you've seen some references that aren't in the list, please add them!
If you're blogging, writing, or talking about us, please add your link here. Don't think of it as self-promotion; it's documentation, and helping everybody interested in the FISA issue and participatory democracy. Thanks!
February 11, 2009
- Fast Company lists Team Obama as the #1 startup company of the year citing the "uprising on MyBarackobama.com" as part of the rationale.
January 16, 2009
- We're Number 5! We're Number 5!, Thomas Nephew, newsrackblog.com
- Jeff Jarvis's book What Would Google Do cites our protest on page 52 as an example that "once you hand over control, you can't take it back."
- Will They Rise Up from Alan Rosenblatt
- in Obama Set To Be 1st "Wired" President, Peter Daou (quoted by Shailagh Murray and Matthew Mosk), Washington Post
- in Obama's Political Capital, Ari Melber, The Nation
- in Reflections: what I learned during my summer vacation, Jon Pincus, Liminal States
- in Daily Digest: Wikiing for a "Fair Fight" , Nancy Scola, techPresident
- Anti-FISA group targets GOP delegates in St. Paul, Nick Juliano, The Raw Story
- Liberals Storm GOP Hotels in St. Paul, Ari Melber, Washington Independent
- Get FISA Right turns crowdsourced guns on McCain, Julian Sanchez, Ars Technica
- in Evan Bayh: "Facebook me." Progressives: "Sure!", Jon Pincus and Ronit Aviva Dancis, Liminal States
- in Obama's Wide Web, Jose Antiono Vargas,Washington Post
- in Obama VP: What's at Stake, Laura Flanders, GRItv
- in Obama VP speculation centering on Biden: Senate veteran opposed wiretap expansion, Nick Juliano, Raw Story
- in Homemade Web Ads Leap To TV, Lucas Grindley,National Journal Online
- Get FISA Right in Today's Primaries, Larry'O, OpenLeft
- Get FISA Right, collaboratively authored, One Web Day
- Reflecting on the Platform Draft - Get FISA Right, Ronit Aviva Dancis, Huffingtonpost.com
- Frustrated with TV Ads? Run Your Own for $6, Ryan Kaufman, Open Left, also on The Huffington Post
- Towards a rebirth of freedom: activism on social networks, part 1, Jon Pincus, Pam's House Blend
- Today In Your Surveillance State, dday,d-day
- Advertising co-op to oppose wire taps, Scott Leffler, Two minutes of reason
- Obama Faces Internet Wrath, slfisher, Daniweb
- Retroactive Telco Immunity Opponents Buying TV Ad, Slashdot
- in Guest Opinion: Obama not perfect, but U.S. needs him, Robert Jacobson, Tucson Citizen
- Telecom Immunity Opponents Running TV Ad, Karl Bode, dslreports.com
- in Feedbag: Cuil, Get FISA Right and Eyeblaster, Creativity
- Opposed to Wiretap Amensty? Run a TV Ad for Six Bucks, Sarah Lai Stirland, Wired - Threat Level
- Can FISA Guide Us to the Future of Web 2.0 politics?, Anne Juel Jørgensen
- Heh! Right Observation, Wrong Venue, Dr. Dog,Third Pipe
- “Listening to America” hears “Get FISA Right”, Thomas Nephew, newsrackblog.com
- Angry Bloggers On Left And Right Unite Over FISA, Martin Kaste, NPR
- in Daily Digest: Politics? One Column, Two Sentences, a Headline!, Nancy Scola, techPresident
- Get FISA Right, the video!, Jon Pincus, OpenLeft; cross-posted on Daily Kos
- in Power Of 'MYBO': Obama's Web Site Surmounts News, Jason Horiwitz, The New York Observer
- in Obama Adviser Cass Sunstein Debates Glenn Greenwald on FISA Vote, Executive Power and Prosecuting White House Officials for War Crimes, Amy Goodman, Democracy Now!
- Das Internet schlägt zurück, Ute Pannen, US-Wahlkampf Blog
- A Demos event worth turning up to, Martin Bright, New Statesman's Bright's Blog
- in The Latest Media Blind Spot: Viewing All Criticism of Obama Through a Right/Left Prism, Arianna Huffington, The Huffington Post
- And it is us ..., Nancy Scola, techPresident
- Net-Roots Ninnies: Dem Left's Dumb Bam Slams, Kirsten Powers, New York Post
- Netroots vs. grassroots, Matt Moon, The New Right
- Obama supporters feel betrayed over his growing list of shifting policies, Andrew Purcell, The Sunday Herald
- on RadioNation, Laura Flanders, on Air America Radio
- in EDITORIAL: Obama, FISA and the left, Washington Times
- Obama & Get FISA Right Activism,Ari Melber; on CNN headline news
- in Have We Missed the Key to Obama's Leadership Style?, R.J. Eskow, Huffington Post
- Obama's Surveillance Vote Spur's Blogging Backlash, Scott J Anderson, CNN.com
- Caught in the Middle, Jay Newton-Small, Michael Scherer, Time
- Swap the Donkey for a Weasel, Carl Mayer, Dissident Voice
- Why progressives should keep organizing on MyBarackObama.com, Mike Stark, Salon.com
- on CNN's American Morning (does anybody have a link to a video or transcript?)
- Get FISA Right: What now?, Jon Pincus, OpenLeft
- FISA, Obama, and the Internet People, danah boyd, apophenia
- in Obama Ideology Difficult to Pinpoint, Dan Balz, CBS News
- Obama Losing Support over FISA, Joan Walsh, Salon, also on Slashdot
- Get FISA Right: Nomadic Democracy, Carlo Scannella, techPresident
- Obama Supporters Rap Their Candidate On FISA, NPR's Bryant Park Project
- Networked Obama FISA Group Takes Fight Forward, Dawn Teo, The Huffington Post
- Obama, FISA and the Angry Left, Joe, Scottish-Right
- Online Mutiny Against Barack Obama On His Own Website Over FISA, Susan Duclos, Wake Up America
- Online Activists Keep the Pressure on Obama Ari Melber, The Nation; also posted on Alternet
- FISA compromise passes with Obama, Clinton on opposite sides, Julian Sanchez, Ars technica
- in Obama, Clinton Split on FISA Vote, Siobhan Gorman, Wall Street Journal's Washington Wire
- Groundswell to Obama: "we own your brand!", Hoi Polloi Report
- FISA Flap Previews 21st Century Democracy, Allison Fine, Personal Democracy Forum
- Netroots Activists Mad at Obama for Spy Bill Flip-Flop, Sarah Lai Stirland, Wired
- in Whistleblowers speak out on FISA, mcjoan, Daily Kos
- Lurching with Abandon, Bob Herbert, New York Times
- Obama's Shifting Position on FISA, no. 5 on AlterNet's Weekly Zeitgeist List -- The 10 Hottest Issues of the Day
- in Defeat the Wiretap Bill, Arrest Karl Rove, Bob Fertik, democrats.com
- See Glenn Greenwald's latest post including a full page ad placed in the Washington Post today:
- Unsatisfied, FISA Group Delivers Protest Letter to Obama Headquarters. Dawn Teo, The Huffington Post
- Online supporters criticize Obama, TMC Net News
- The New Tempered Change And Its Detractors: A Roundup, Ben Mishkin, The Huffington Post
- Obama's online muscle flexes against him, John McCormick. Chicago Tribune
- Online Activists Keep the Pressure on Obama, Ari Melber, The Nation(also in The Huffington Post)
- The Brian Lehrer show, WNYC -- does anybody have a link?
- Obama, FISA and the Netroots Bob Ostertag, The Huffington Post
- Obama's Response To FISA Critics: A Vital Exchange With An Empty Center Jason Linkins, The Huffington Post
- Obama speaks to FISA reversal James Oliphant, The Swamp
- What Every American Needs to Know (and Do) About FISA Before Tuesday Daniel Ellsberg, AntiWar
- Supporters use Obama's social network to organize protest against him Heather Havenstein, Computerworld
- Barack Obama and John McCain Both Struggle With How to Deal With Their Base Bonnie Erbe, U.S.News
- Netroot Activists Mad at Obama for Spy Bill Flip-Flop Sarah Lai Sterland, Threat Level from Wired.com
- Amendment Would Put Spy Lawsuits, Amnesty On Hold Pending Investigation Ryan Singel, Wired.com
- The new FISA compromise: it's worse than you think Timothy B. Lee, Arstechnica.com
- Obama Responded To Anti-FISA Group On July 3rd.Justin Gardner, Donklephant
- A Political Agitator Finds a Double-Edged Weapon, Noam Cohen, New York Times
- Mike Stark takes on Obama, his candidate, online, Cathy Harding, C-Ville Charlottesville's News & Arts Weekly
- Obama Tries and Fails to Put Out the FISA Fire in His Own House, Bob Ostertag, Huffington Post
- Obama's move to center irks left, Donald Lambro, Washington Times
- Obama Explains Changed Stance On Surveillance Bill, Kris Alingod, AHN News
- Obama hears the FISA criticisms, and responds, Steve Benen, The Carpetbagger Report
- How Revolutionary is Obama's Anti-FISA Group?, Patrick Ruffini, The Next Right
- Obama Responds to Online FISA Critics, Jose Anotonio Vargas, Washington Post's The Trail.
- Obama Responds to FISA Protest on His Web Site, Sarah Wheaton, New York Times' The Caucus
- Activist: Obama defense of FISA support a 'stiff arm' to constitution, RAW STORY diggredd It
- Group urging FISA 'no' vote is largest on Obama's social site, Nick Juliano, RAW STORY, digg here redd it
- A Time-line Of Obama's Statements On FISA, Greg Sargent and Eric Kleefeld, TPM Election Central, digg redd it
- The FISA Protest and myBO: Can We Talk? Can They Listen?, Micah L. Sifry, Personal Democracy Forum
- Anti-Telecom Immunity Group Tops MyBarackObama.com,Nancy Scola, TechPresident, July 2
- Obama faces online backlash for centrist views, Kathy Kiely and Martha T. Moore, USA TODAY, Digg here
- Obama Voters Protest His Switch on Telecom Immunity, James Risen,The New York Times, July 2. please don't digg, the original posting is very negative. digg the reposting on Common Dreams instead
- in 'Left' in the dust, Charles Hurt, New York Post, July 2.
- The challenge of social media for governments - accepting diverse views, eGov AU, July 2.
- Anti-Telecom Immunity Protest Group Tops Obama Website, Nicole Belle, Crooks and Liars, July 2, Digg here.
- Story Of Anti-FISA Group On Obama's Web Site Goes National, Greg Sargent TPM Election Central, July 2, Digg here.
- in Obama advisor Greg Craig: Adding insult to injury, Glenn Greenwald, Salon, July 2.
- Daily Digest: Next for FISA on MyBO? "Don't Ask Me", Nancy Scola, TechPresident, July 2
- Obama supporters organize on FISA, mcjoan,Daily Kos, July 2
- FISA rebellion on Obama’s ownblog, Nijma, Camel's Nose, July 2
- Obama's Web Site Becomes Spy Bill Battleground Chloe Albanesius, PC Magazine July2
- Anti-FISA-Cave Group On Obama's Web Site Keeps On Growing, Greg Sargent, TPMElectionCentral, July 1
- Obama Backlash in His Online Backyard, by Noam Cohen in The New York Times' The Caucus, July 1.digg here
- inThe Obama campaign's past two weeks, Glenn Greenwald, Salon, July 1
- Surveillance Protest Group Tops Obama Website, Ari Melber, The Nation's Campaign Matters, July 1. digg here.
- Also in the Huffington Post. digg here.
- Telecom Amnesty Foes On the Move on Slashdot. digg here
- Networking Group Opposing FISA Cave On Obama's Web Site Grows And Grows, Greg Sargent, TPM Election Central, June 30
- Telecom Amnesty Foes Lobby Obama Using Obama Tech by Ryan Singel on Wired.com's Threat Level, June 30. digg here.
- Obama Critics Find Support on Obama’s Web Site, Brad Haynes in the Wall Street Journal'sWashington Wire, June 30.
- Obama Supporters Petition Obama ... by Michael Scherer on Time's Swampland, June 30. digg here
- Glenn Greenwald vs Keith Olbermann on Obama and FISA by John Amato on Crooks and Liars, June 29. digg here.
- in Late afternoon/early evening open thread, by SusanG on Daily Kos,June 29
- Obama Network Organizes and Revolts Over Spyingby Ari Melber on The Nation's Campaign Matters, June 29. digg here.
- cross-posted in the Huffington Post. please share broadly! digg here ... reddit here ...
- Anti FISA bill group on my.barackobama.com reaches 2200 members by John Joseph Bachir on Obama Letdown Watch.
- Will Obama feel the sting of social networking?,Mike Stark, Open Left (also in the Huffington Post), June 27
- in Daily Digest: Holding Feet to the Fire Without Getting Burned,Nancy Scola,Personal Democracy Forum,June 27
- in Glenzilla vs. Olbermann: John Dean Weighs In, Jane Hamsher,Firedoglake,June 27
- in Throwdown, Digby, Hullabaloo, June 27
- in Obama Social Networking Group Forms -- To Pressure Obama On FISA, Greg Sargent, TPMElectionCentral, June 27
- in A Brief Reprieve on FISA: What Now?, Tim Jones, EFF, June 27
- Let's Escrow Our Money to Keep Obama Progressive, Bob Fertik, democrats.com
June 26th, 2008
- Following Public Outcry, Senate FISA Vote Postponed, True Majority, Alternet.org, June 26
Please add any other references you encounter!
External Blog posts/forum threads by Group Members to help grow the group
If you've made a post or started a thread to bring others to the group, please add it to the list!
- Obama Social Networking Group Seeks to Apply Pressure on FISA on Talking Points Memo
- FISA, Obama, Whiskey, Sexy on Daily Kos
- Senator Obama - Please Vote Against FISA [Facebook registration required, sorry] on the "One Million Strong for Barack" Facebook group
- If Obama isn’t the change we want, his supporters might be on The Only Red-Head in Tawain
- Join MyBarackObama's 'Please Vote Against FISA' Group on OpenLeft
- FISA: Will Obama feel the sting of social networking? in the US Politics Tribe on tribe.net
- "What’s an activism campaign these days without a Facebook presence?” on Liminal States
- The fastest growing group on mybarackobama.com on Daily Kos
- Feingold's FISA Strategy on Daily Kos
- An Open Letter To Senator Obama: Please Vote NO On Telecom Immunity - Get FISA Right on Reality Catcher. digg here
- Sen. Russ Feingold says "thank you" on Daily Kos
- Press roundup for myBO "Get FISA right" group on OpenLeft
- Get FISA Right Group at 7292 on Obama Letdown Watch
- The last two days have been unbelievableon Daily Kos.digg here
- Obama website has anti-FISAblogon Repeal Fisa
- An Open Letter to Senator Obama on Divine Salve. digg here
- Celebrate the Constitution this 4th of July!, on newsrackblog.com
Latest page update: made by Hwaisbren
, Sep 27 2009, 1:25 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
fast company, wwgd, rosenblatt media citations
63 words added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|JonPincus||Additional coverage?||0||Nov 21 2008, 9:18 PM EST by JonPincus|
|dkmiller62||democrats.com||0||Jul 8 2008, 2:38 AM EDT by dkmiller62|
Thread started: Jul 8 2008, 2:38 AM EDT Watch
I just received an email from democrats.com. The first section is entitled "Defeat the Wiretap Bill" and has links to our myOB group, this wiki, and our Facebook groups. I haven't been able to find this on their website, but I'll keep looking and will post it here when I find it.
1 out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?
Showing 2 of 2 threads for this page